Being a member doesn’t require a huge time commitment (unless you want it to!). What you get in return is invaluable, from networking opportunities to up-to-date public health information and the chance to add your voice to public health legislation that truly benefits you and those you work with.
With tight budgets, essential health activities are at risk of being cut. The people of South Dakota need your support in shaping the future. Please consider adding your voice to ours.
Who can join?
Membership is open to anyone interested in public health, from healthcare professionals to the general population.
Top 5 Reasons to Join SDPHA
- The South Dakota Public Health Association Newsletter and Website keeps you current with all the latest public health news and opinions. It details current programs and initiatives that are in need of support. These resources are essential to a coordinated and focused public health effort.
- Advocacy: The SDPHA advocates on the behalf of all public health professionals and supporters in the halls of the South Dakota State Legislature. Members are encouraged to become active and have their voice heard through the SDPHA’s communication and lobbying channels.
- Legislative Updates are distributed to all of our members during the legislative session. These updates report the relevant public health issues and policies being discussed in the South Dakota Government.
- Become a part of a supportive community and rally together for the sake of improving South Dakota. The SDPHA is full of members just like you who recognize that the only way to shape the future of South Dakota is together. Members are encouraged to initiate their own public health awareness campaigns and to pool their resources in order to accomplish their goals.
- Be recognized by your customers, colleagues, teachers, and friends as a supporter of public health. Your advocacy will play a significant role in influencing those around you to support the cause.